Subscribe for this article updates
This article demonstrates how video can be played using DirectShow in C and C#. For more information on DirectShow, see MSDN.
- Demo project can be downloaded here.
- To build the project, navigate to Build menu in Visual studio and click Build Solution.
- Click Deploy solution in the Build menu to deploy the application.
- Goto My Device > Program Files > vcpp_video_playback_demo. Double click on the vcpp_video_playback_demo.exe to run the application.
Following GUI will open with different controls (Single click on video or press Esc key to switch from full screen mode to normal mode).
- Demo application can be downloaded from here.
- Navigate to Solution Explorer in visual studio > Right Click on Solution > Properties > Devices.
- Uncheck "Deploy the Latest version of the .NET Compact Framework (including Service Packs)".
- Build and deploy the project on your WinCE device.
- Download and Install .NET Compact Framework directly to the FlashDisk of the device from here.
- Go to My Device > Program Files > vcsharp_video_playback_demo and run the application vcsharp_video_playback_demo.exe.
Following GUI will open with different controls (Double click on video to toggle between full screen mode and normal mode).
Note: vcsharp_video_plyback_demo uses DirectShow.net library functions from DirectShowLib-2005.dll from a third party. Microsoft does not provide a managed API for DirectShow.
Documentation related to this library and its licence is given here.