Welcome to the product page for the Colibri Evaluation Board.
This page contains a variety of information relating to the Colibri Evaluation Board product and is intended to be used as a single point of access for all information you need.
If you are new to the Colibri family of computer on modules, this section is intended to help get you up and running fast.
The Colibri Evaluation Board does not come supplied with a Colibri module. you will need to purchase this seperately. To determine which module is most suitable for your application, please review the modules and their individual specifications here.
All Colibri modules are compatible with the Colibri Evaluation Board.
The following list details other equipement that is either required or optional to get up and running
- Regulated DC Power Supply (7-24 VDC) which should be rated at 1A minimum, and ideally 2A, depending upon the various accessories you may wish to add to your setup (e.g. TFT LCD panel, USB peripherals, etc.). On the Evaluaiton board V3.1 you can use a power supply with a regular round power connector (5.5mm x 2.1mm). For example EPS120050-P5P, VEP15US12
- USB Type A to B cable for debugging
- USB Mouse and Keyboard
- PC Monitor with VGA or DVI cable
- 5.7" or 7" EDT Touch display
- Single channel 18 bit LVDS interface display
- Null modem RS-232 or USB Type A to B cable for console/bootloader access
Toradex distributes directly to customers, exclusively via the internet. To place your order, please use our webshop.
Please watch our quick start tutorial.
If you are having trouble getting started, then our support team is here to help you. Please follow these steps to contact the support.
For further information, please refer to the product documentation for the Colibri module which you are using with the Colibri Evaluation Board.
Features of the Colibri Evaluation Board are given below.
- Breakout connectors for access to all Colibri modules interfaces
- External processor bus interface (2.54mm pitch female header)
- Compact Flash card slot (on Evaluation Board V2.1 only)
- SD card slot
- USB host (Type A connector) (USB 2.0 High Speed: on Evaluation Board V3.1 only)
- USB shared host/client port (Type A and Type B connectors) (USB 2.0 High Speed: on Evaluation Board V3.1 only)
- USB to serial converter for FF UART (on Evaluation Board V3.1 only)
- PS/2 Mouse and Keyboard connectors (on Evaluation Board V2.1 only)
- Audio interface (3.5mm jack for microphone, line in and headphone out)
- 10/100MBit Ethernet port (RJ-45 connector)
- RS232 ports (x2, dual stack 9 way D-type connector)
- RS422/485 port (on Evaluation Board V3.1 only)
- VGA display interface (15 way D-type female connector)
- DVI-I display interface (on Evaluation Board V3.1 only)
- LCD interface
- LVDS display interface (on Evaluation Board V3.1 only)
- Resistive touch interface
- Parallel camera interface
- CAN controller with optically isolated CAN transceiver (9 way D-type connector)
- Power on/off button
- Reset button
- Push button switches
- Toggle switches
Product Datasheet for Colibri Evaluation Board V3.2:
Design data Colibri Evaluation Board V3.2:
Colibri Design and Migration Guide:
The Migration Guide contains the needed steps to switch between the several Toradex Colibri modules and contains important information for custom carrier board designs.
Please see the product documentation for the Colibri module you are using for more information.
The Evaluation Board includes a CAN controller. Toradex provides Software libraries which support the CAN functionality on the Evaluation board. You can find more information about the supported SW features here or contact our support.
To show all articles applicable to the Colibri Evaluation Board, please click the following link:
Product revision history for the Colibri Evaluation Board.
||Changes from Previous Version
||Colibri Evaluation Board V2.1C
||Colibri Evaluation Board V3.1A
||Rearranged many connectors
Support for USB 2.0 HighSpeed
Support for DVI-I
Support for LVDS
Support for RS422/485
Changed CAN controller, using SPI now
Removed PCMCIA interface (CF-Card)
||Colibri Evaluation Board V3.2A
- Added jumper for CAN RX and TX
- Added jumper for Ethernet TX Center Tap
- Connected RTS and CTS of the debug serial port to the USB to Serial port (X27)