Subscribe for this article updates
Microsoft Embedded Visual C++ (eVC++) is a legacy tool and not supported by Microsoft and Toradex anymore. We recommend to use Visual Studio 2008 or Visual Studio 2013 depending on the Windows CE version you are using.
It is possible to use Remote Tools and the debugging feature of Microsoft Embedded Visual C++ over ActiveSync which is by default.
At the same time, it is also possible to use over Ethernet.
In order to use Ethernet connection, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open Microsoft Embedded Visual C++ and go to Tools->Configure Platform Manager...
- If you are using "Platform Builder" instead of "Microsoft Embedded Visual C++":
- Start the RemoteTool of your choice.
- Cancel the first dialog popping up.
- Select Connection->Configure Windows CE Platform Manager...
- Open the properties of the platform you want to use.
- Select the following items:
- Transport: TCP/IP Transport for Windwos CE
- Startup Server: Manual Server
- Press OK
- Start the desired Remote Tool or start debbuging.
- Choose appropriate Platform. A "Manual Server - Action" window should show up.
- For Windwos CE 6 only:
- Copy the files from the RemoteTools_TCPIP.zip (Download Section->Colibri Software) to the Windows Folder of the CE device.
- Start your Colibri and open the command prompt window (Start->Programs->Command Prompt)
- Enter the whole string from the "Manual Server - Action" window to the Command Prompt on the Colibri.
- Press OK in the "Manual Server - Action" window and press the ENTER key in the Command Prompt window on the Colibri.
- The connection over Ethernet should be established.