at 01 Jun 2018
Subscribe for this article updates
Note: We put all Win 10 IoT Core development activities for Colibri T30 modules on hold at the moment. Please have a look at the Toradex Windows 10 IoT Core (Pro) Strategy article for details.
- Colibri T30 1GB V1.1E (other versions are currently not supported)
- Colibri Carrier Board (e.g Evaluation Board or Iris Carrier Board)
- Make sure the thin FFC Cable on the back of the Colibri is connected with the Carrier Bord (its for HDMI)
- A Windows PC
- The Windows 10 IoT Core Image V0.0.2.
- NVFlash Driver. This is part of the NVFlash / Recovery mode package.
- Evaluation Board: Press the recovery button and at the same time press the power button to boot the system, after 2 seconds you can let the recovery button go.
- Iris and other carrier boards: Shorten to 2 pins on the picture for 2 seconds while power cycling the system. Tweezers work well
- If the system correctly entered the recovery mode, you will not see anything on the screen or on the serial port
- Connect the USB Client port of the Colibri Carrier with your PC. (USB Micro connector on the Iris). Make sure you use a USB 2.0 capable cable, cell phone charger cables may not work.
- Your PC should recognize a new USB device
- Install the driver you downloaded before.
- For more detailed instructions follow this article until updating WinCE
- Double click update_T30_WIN10.bat in the zip file with the WinCE image
- Go have a coffee, this takes quite a while. We are working on a faster version.
- In case the batch file does not recognize, the device repeat Enter Recovery Mode
- After the programming is done, you can power cycle the boards and Windows IoT Core should start up