at 28 Oct 2017
Subscribe for this article updates
Character LCD displays a monochrome text which can be alphanumeric.
- Vending machines
- Panel meters
- Fax machines and copiers
- Industrial test equipment
- and many more..
This tutorial demonstrates how to interface 20x4 character LCD with Toradex module using GPIOs. In this demo JHD204A LCD has been interfaced with Iris Board V1.1A. It is advisable to use 3.3V to 5V level translator if you want to interface 5V LCD, please note Colibri Module GPIOs are not 5V tolerant.
NOTE: Below mentioned examples can run on Colibri VF50/61 modules, for that you have to use Vybrid GPIO libraries available here.
- Download demo code from here.
- Build and deploy the solution.
- Navigate to My Device > Program Files > characterlcd_demo and run the application characterlcd_demo.exe.
- Demo application can be downloaded from here.
- Navigate to Solution Explorer in visual studio > Right Click on Solution > Properties > Devices.
- Uncheck "Deploy the Latest version of the .NET Compact Framework (including Service Packs)".
- Build and deploy the project on your WinCE device.
- Download and Install .NET Compact Framework directly to the FlashDisk of the device from here.
- Go to My Device > Program Files > vcsharp_characterlcd_demo and run the application vcsharp_characterlcd_demo.exe.
Following GUI will open. Enter characters to be displayed for each line in text boxes and click on send button.
Any feedback/question, please send us an email at email@example.com.