TorizonCore Upgrade Notes
In this article, you will learn about the technical details of TorizonCore releases which impact customers when upgrading.
TorizonCore releases are maintained according to our Embedded Linux Support Strategy.
Release Details and Upgrade Notes
In this section, you find notes on the impact of updating to a newer TorizonCore release.
TorizonCore 6.1.0 is the first quarterly release from the TorizonCore 6 series.
- All users of the TorizonCore 6 series should update to this release. All previous monthly pre-releases are unsupported.
- All users of the TorizonCore 5 series should not upgrade to TorizonCore 6 yet. Upgrade instructions will be made available when bootloader updates are released.
- Colibri SoMs: the spidev overlay has been disabled by default, due to a conflict with the SPI-to-CAN transceiver on the Colibri Evaluation Board. If you use spidev, you must enable the corresponding overlay. Read the issue TOR-2746 in our issue tracker to learn more.
- The ecosystem around TorizonCore 6 has limitations. If you have experience with TorizonCore 5, read the release news below to learn what are the limitations.
- You should not rely on the
debian-shellcontainer in TorizonCore 6, as we are evaluating deprecating it. The impact should be minimal since the
debiancontainer is an easy-to-migrate replacement, as you can check in our List of Container Images for Torizon. To migrate, check the packages installed on debian-shell and install the ones you rely on into your container based on
Read the TorizonCore 6.1.0 news and the TorizonCore 6.0.0-devel-202210 news for a complete list of updates and highlights for this release, as well as why 6.0.0 was not a quarterly release.
TorizonCore 5.7.0 is the LTS release of the 5 series.
- All users of previous versions of the 5 series should update to this version.
- According to our support strategy, all previous quarterly releases are not maintained anymore.
- The TorizonCore team only tests updating from the immediately previous TorizonCore release. In this case, from 5.6.0 to 5.7.0. If you plan to update from any other previous release, you must validate it, since it is not a supported scenario.
Read the TorizonCore 5.7.0 news for a complete list of updates and highlights.
TorizonCore 5.6.0 and older
Upgrade notes were released starting from TorizonCore 5.7.0 onward. For older releases, please read the corresponding TorizonCore news on toradex.com: