Disable and Enable the Explorer
The Explorer can be disabled by preventing the system from running it.
Rename the following value:
Don't forget to save the Registry.
ActiveSync will still work on CE 5 and CE 6, so you can access your module using ActiveSync. Windows Embedded Compact 7 needs the explorer enabled if you want to use ActiveSync (Mobile Device Center).
To re-enable the explorer, follow the steps mentioned below. An empty storage medium like USB stick or SD card is required.
- In the root folder of the USB/SD, create a folder AutoRun.
- Inside the AutoRun folder, create a file titled explorer.lnk. Copy the following string into it.
- Connect USB/SD to the WinCE device. Explorer will automatically come up.
- Change the name for the key to the original name.
- Save the Registry
- Reset the WinCE device and Explorer will be restored.